Revenue Cycle Specialist
Under the supervision of the Revenue Cycle Manager, performs daily task to support operations of the revenue cycle department. Responsible for managed care authorization, facilitation of medical record orders, maintenance of medical record documentation, claims generation and submission, collections, and payment posting. The Revenue Cycle Specialist reports to the Revenue Cycle Manager.
Standard I – Functions
- Monitors EMR workflow to identify and complete daily tasks associated with obtaining insurance authorization.
- Monitors EMR workflow to track and follow up with practitioners for documents requiring signature.
- Maintains patient medical records.
- Generates, assembles, and processes documentation necessary for the timely submission of insurance claims.
- Performs tasks associated with patient accounts receivable collections; resubmits claims as required.
- Posts payments received and records adjustments.
- Performs related tasks as assigned by the Revenue Cycle Manager.
Standard II – Education and Experience.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Medical office experience and knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
- Experience with electronic medical record/scheduling/billing systems, and Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, and Excel preferred.
Standard III – Qualifications
- Computer and telephone literate. Comfortable working with web-based (internet) technology. Ability to type and operate typical office equipment.
- Ability to work within a reasonable time frame to meet critical deadlines with accuracy.
- Ability to organize, assemble, file (electronic and paper), and maintain accurate detailed records.
- Ability to run reports from electronic medical record system for use in prioritization of daily tasks.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to execute tasks under the guidelines established by organization policies and procedures, and state and federal regulations.
- Ability to interact effectively and diplomatically with agency personnel and the public. Neat and professional in appearance, reliable and trustworthy.
Full time. Benefit eligible.
Hours: 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM
Visiting Nurse Home & Hospice is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of Visiting Nurse Home & Hospice to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, marital status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, veteran status, any other non-merit-based factors, or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.
All applications must be submitted in writing to Dawn Pagliaro in Human Resources
By email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax to: 401-682-7562