TITLE: Quality Sanitation Technician
REPORT TO: Quality Sanitation Supervisor
LOCATION: North Kingstown, Rhode Island
The Quality Sanitation Technician is to be responsible for the implementation and execution of the
company’s daily sanitation program. This role will ensure the company’s compliance to sanitation
policies as established by both government and commercial regulations. This individual will have
acquire knowledge and skillsets in manufacturing and food production facilities.
Quality Sanitation Technician:
▪ Commit 80% of their time to moderate/heavy industrial cleaning and sanitation in production
areas, including but not limited to: mopping, sweeping up debris, wiping down machines,
cleaning walls, ceilings light fixtures, machinery/and or parts, and ceiling vents.
▪ Read and interpret chemical labels & SDS (Safety Data Sheets) to ensure proper chemical use,
dilution, application, handling, and storage.
▪ Create and maintain an efficient, hygienic, and positive working environment.
▪ Complete sanitation verification records daily – recording numerical information, entering
words/and or phrases.
▪ Proper use of zoned color-coded tools, per the facility color coded diagrams, as they relate to
▪ Ability to adjust work flow to accommodate unexpected changes that may occur during the
shift and prioritizing daily work plans.
▪ Able to work independently to complete multiple daily tasks.
▪ Self-motivated and detail oriented; observant of areas that require attention to cleaning
▪ Willing to take on new roles and tasks as needed and assigned.
▪ Ability to stand, squat, and walk for long periods of time. Requires daily bending, lifting, ability
to lift 50lbs, fill chemical containers, and unload supplies from pallets
▪ Oversee cleaning and sanitation supplies & chemical inventories and report low inventories to
▪ Interact and communicate effectively as part of a team. Interface with production,
maintenance, and quality departments & managers
▪ Intermittently 20% of the job function will be performing cleaning of office conference rooms,
common office areas, employee restrooms, and lobby
o High school education or GED equivalent.
o 1-3 years of sanitation experience in a food production facility
o Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
o Ability to work with limited supervision is required
o Proven ability to work independently while performing a variety of production tasks
o Ability to learn and follow Master Sanitation Schedules – Daily/Weekly/Monthly