Intake Data Entry Specialist – Per Diem
The primary responsibility of the Intake Data Entry Specialist is to assist the assigned Intake Registered Nurse(s) in completing the Intake/patient referral process in order to allow the Intake Registered Nurse(s) to concentrate their efforts on the clinical oversight of the Intake process. The Intake Data Entry Specialist performs all Intake functions, that do not require a Nursing License, and which are necessary to accurately and expeditiously complete Intake/patient referrals. Functions include but are not limited to the following: data entry, verification of information, medication data input, answering/returning all phone calls with exceptional customer focused courtesy, provision of excellent customer service while communicating with referral sources and all customers. All functions of patient referral processing are accomplished utilizing the Electronic Medical record/ computer system. The Intake Data Entry Specialist will process all referrals utilizing an approved standardized process in order to limit duplicate files and duplication of effort by staff. The Intake Data Entry Specialist maintains the physician database in the electronic medical record, and adds physicians as needed when staff make the request. The Intake Data Entry Specialist reports to the Intake Manager and performs all Intake functions under the oversight of the Intake Registered Nurse(s) during assigned working hours.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school graduate. Business Administration, Medical Assistant or Health Care Management degree or certification preferred.
- Experience in Home Care, Palliative Care and Hospice preferred.
- Medical terminology experience
- Must be computer literate.
- Ability to type and operate usual office equipment.
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of spelling, punctuation and English language usage.
- Must possess a basic knowledge of medical terminology.
- Ability to function efficiently and effectively while working under pressure to meet critical deadlines.
- Ability to organize, assemble, file and maintain accurate detailed records in accordance with approved procedures.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and have an understanding of patient privacy requirements under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) of 1996. Must be reliable and trustworthy.
- Must be capable of understanding and maintaining a working knowledge of Agency policies and procedures.
- Must be able to deal effectively and diplomatically with all staff members in a consistent manner and must be able to deal with the general public in all Agency related interactions in a proactive and customer service focused manner. Provision of exceptional customer service and the ability to work efficiently and effectively as a member of a team is critical to the success in the Intake Department work environment.
- Must present a neat and professional appearance and meet the Agency dress code and grooming standards.
- Per Diem / Hourly / Non-Exempt
- Some weekends and minor holiday rotation may be required depending upon agency & department needs
- Portsmouth, RI Office
PHYSICAL EFFORTS AND SKILLS
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The job description and specifications should not be construed as an exhaustive listing of all responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with the position. They are only intended to be an accurate reflection of the principle requirements of the position.
Visiting Nurse Home & Hospice is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of Visiting
Nurse Home & Hospice to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race,
color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental
status, marital status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family
medical history), political affiliation, military service, veteran status, any other non-merit
based factors, or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.
Applications must be submitted in writing to Dawn Pagliaro in Human Resources
via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or via fax to 401-682-7562.