Hospice & Palliative Care RN Case Manager EAST – FT
Every Other Weekend & Every Other Minor Holiday Rotation
The Hospice and Palliative Care Nurse makes initial and ongoing assessments of the patient/family needs and carries out interventions in accordance with National Association of Hospice and Palliative Care Standards, the interdisciplinary plan of care and Agency policy.
|· Identifies the patient/family’s physical, psychosocial, and environmental needs.|
|· Communicates with the physician regarding the patient’s needs and reports changes in the patient’s condition; obtains physician’s orders as required.|
|· Supports and instructs the patient/family in Hospice philosophy and/or palliative care of the patient.|
|· Documents problems, appropriate goals, interventions, and patient/family response to Hospice or palliative care and modifies plan of care appropriately.|
|· Coordinates all patient/family services provided by Hospice, including pharmaceuticals, DME and supplies.|
|· Serves as consultant and resource to other Agency staff regarding the Hospice philosophy and palliative care as well as symptom and pain management for the terminally ill.|
|· Works closely with other Hospice or palliative care team members.|
|· Keeps Hospice Clinical Supervisor informed of patient/family needs and concerns.|
|· Answers all incoming calls in a manner appropriate to the nature of the call, completes admits, and makes follow-up visits on patients admitted the day prior; as necessary. Assists in referrals and inquiries for services, rapidly identifies the caller’s needs, and takes proper action to assure the caller’s needs are handled appropriately.|
|· Utilizes a combination of agency resources and rationally recognizes standards of practice to achieve excellent pain and symptom management and high-quality end-of-life care.|
|· Introduces Hospice Volunteers to patient/families as requested and provides information to volunteers regarding patient needs and limitations.|
|· Offers support and consultation to volunteers as needed.|
|· Participates in Hospice training for Agency clinical staff and volunteers.|
|· Maintains Hospice expertise through continuing education.|
Education and Experience:
- Registered Nurse licensed in the State of Rhode Island. If not licensed in Massachusetts at time of hire, employee has 1 year from hire date to obtain a Massachusetts Nursing license.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in nursing, preferably in Hospice or Home Care.
- Completion of Hospice Staff training in lieu of Hospice experience.
- Certification in Hospice and Palliative Care desirable.
In addition to meeting the qualifications of a professional Staff Nurse, the Hospice & Palliative care RN will meet the following qualifications:
- Knowledge of Hospice philosophy of care and ability to integrate this philosophy into care of the Hospice patient/family.
- Ability to communicate the Hospice philosophy and appropriate Hospice nursing care of Hospice patient/family to other members of the professional, paraprofessional and volunteer staff working with the Hospice patient/family.
- Knowledge of pain and symptom management and nursing interventions in palliative terminal care.
- Ability and willingness to keep current in Hospice and Palliative Care through ongoing education.
- Full-Time / 40 Hours Per Week / Hourly / Non-Exempt / Union
- Every Other Weekend & Every Other Minor Holiday rotation required per department need.
- Portsmouth, RI Home Office. Although Portsmouth is the home office location, it is possible the need will arise to work from another office location from time to time.
- Service territory: EAST
Visiting Nurse Home & Hospice is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of Visiting Nurse Home & Hospice to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, marital status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, veteran status, any other non-merit-based factors, or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION BY EMAIL TO: DPAGLIARO@VISITINGNURSEHH.ORG
OR VIA FAX TO 401-682-7562