Billing Specialist Full-Time
Job Posting – Correction
Under the supervision of the Billing Manager, performs billing and collections functions necessary to process Medicare, Commercial Insurance, Medicaid, MCH/DOH, and Self Pay claims. Performs collection activities on outstanding accounts receivable. Research previously uncollectible accounts and re-process as required to collect payment. Responsible for filing, data entry, telephone work, and generating billing & reports as directed. The Billing Specialist reports to the Billing Manager.
Standard I – Functions
- Generates, assembles and processes documentation necessary for the timely submission of assigned claims.
- Posts payments received and records adjustments.
- Using established collection procedures, follows up in resubmitting claims as required.
- Submit uncollected accounts to collection agency, small claims court, or write off after the review and discretion of the Billing Manager and Chief Executive Officer.
- Negotiates contract rates for non-participating provider insurance with approval of the Billing Manager and Chief Financial Officer.
- Serves as an alternate for other Billing Specialists in their absence.
- Performs related tasks as assigned by the Billing Manager, Chief Financial Officer and Chief Executive Officer.
Standard II – Education and Experience.
- High school graduate with some business courses.
- One year experience with third party billing or collection experience.
Standard III – Qualifications
- Computer literate.
- Ability to work within a reasonable time frame to meet critical deadlines with accuracy.
- Ability to type and operate typical office equipment. Some Medical terminology helpful.
- Ability to organize, assemble, file and maintain accurate detailed records.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Working knowledge of policies and procedures.
- Ability to meet and deal effectively and diplomatically with agency personnel and the public. Neat and professional in appearance, reliable and trustworthy.
Full time. Benefit eligible.
Hours: 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday
All applications should be sent to HR
via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
via fax to 401-682-7562.